Wednesday 3 July 2013

Pure Awesomeness!!!

Today was a pretty awesome day.  Any of you who have been reading my blog know that a day where I get it all done is pretty much the ultimate in housekeeping happiness for me. 

I started out with a visit with my parents and learned a little bit more about my family history.  It's pretty murky digging for me, so it was nice to get a few hints for where to look. 

Then I went to one of our local thrift stores and found a 4 drawer Ikea cabinet for $6.  SCORE!!!  And then I found a roll top desk organizer for $5.  SCORE!!!  I am planning to homeschool our kids and have been scouring thrift stores, garage sales, and my local Facebook buy and sell group for great finds, and it all seems to be coming together.  It is so nice to feel like I am constantly getting signs that I am on the right path.  And I am never one to pass up a good deal.  I have discovered so many amazing games and teaching tools lately that I am running out of places to put them.  I think I am looking forward to this way more than my kids.

I got the cabinets cleaned up, then cleaned up my area in the kids playroom to put them.  I am leaving them empty for now (which means the suspense just might kill me...lol), so that the kids don't destroy their supplies before we get a chance to begin.   Although I lost a lot of sleep last night trying to figure out how I could start the curriculum without really starting it, just because I want to know how it will work.  Maybe one of these days we will get out one of the games just to try. 

I played with the kids outside while the laundry was finishing, then got dinner ready.  We bathed the kids and I got both lawns mowed before my husband went back to work.  I am exceptionally blessed, having married the hardest working man I know.  He went to work this morning at 7:30, made it home at 5:15.  Then he went back out at 7:30 tonight and will probably work until midnight at least.  This is the hardest time of year for him with so many things that need to be done and many of them things that only he can do. 

I don't tell you all of this because I think you'll agree with me that this was an awesome day.  This may be the opposite of what you consider to be spectacular.  And that's okay.  I tell you my story so that maybe even if my "great day" looks different than yours, you look back at your day and find the greatness in it. 

Heavenly Father, tonight I lift up all of those who are struggling.  Let them lean on your strength.  Let them know that your plan is so great for them, they only have to have faith.  Let them reach out to someone if they need help.  And let those who are asked to help someone have the means to help out.  Let all of those people who are working themselves to the bone have the time to bask in your presence.  Let them feel your unconditional love.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment