Wednesday 10 July 2013

Shiny!!!

I don't know how many of you have seen the eCard circulating Facebook, but it's the one where the kids are "cleaning" their rooms.  Except rather than actually getting any cleaning done, they are playing with all of the toys they forgot they had...Yep, if today is any evidence, that is me.

I started out late today.  My husband worked until 3:30 this morning, and I have a hard time sleeping without him, so I overslept a little this morning.  And my kids cooperated!  Thank you Jesus for small blessings.

Then as I was frantically trying to get out the door, my husband phones from work (he was up and out of the house at 7:30, poor, amazingly hardworking hubby!) to ask if our nephew is at our house yet.  Since I had no idea I was expecting him, that was a no.  The other guy who works for us overslept too, and ended up showing up 2 hours late for work. 


My sister in law shared this AMAZING idea on Facebook about cutting pool noodles to fit over the springs for your trampoline.  Genius!!!  So I dropped all of my work for the morning and raced out to get them.  So my nephew went pool noodle shopping with us.  More thank you's for small blessings here.  Have you ever gone shopping for 20 5' long pool noodles with a 3 year old and 19 month old in your cart at WalMart?  It sure is an experience!  An afternoon of cutting pool noodles and I now have what I call my "Mexican" trampoline.  And the kids love it.  Now I just have to hope that the pool noodles hold up well and I don't have to do this again next year.  I really don't want to repeat the experience.  For any of you who are interested, it took 14 pool noodles cut to 8" lengths to cover the springs on our 16' trampoline.  I used the leftovers for our homeschool learning bags and made 3 learning bags.  Not a bad deal.  We got the trampoline for free, it cost $30 for the pool noodles and an afternoon of measuring and cutting.  Well worth it.

But anyone who follows me knows that I have been in way over my head with my homeschooling "project" (hence the pool noodle learning bags).  I found something shiny that looked fun to do, so I scrapped my to-do list, and went to town.  Now, I certainly feel better about making the trampoline safer for my kids, and safety is always a priority, but I wish I was a little better about organizing my time to get more stuff done.  Then maybe I wouldn't scrap the to-do list altogether, maybe just alter it a little.  And I know that I can't be the only one suffering from this condition...

Heavenly Father, I thank you for all you have provided for me and my family.  I thank you for the material possessions that we are fortunate enough to have, but even more, I thank you for all of the amazing people you have put into our lives.  Tonight I lift up all of us who are feeling disorganized and strapped for time.  I ask that we learn to do only that activities that advance us farther towards you, and that we forget about those time wasting activities that so often steal our attention.  Help us to have a better focus on what steps we need to be taking on the path you have us set.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.

As always, please, please, please leave any prayer requests in the comments section.  I would love to lift you up to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment