Friday 27 September 2013

Pillow Case Car Seat Covers

So, we recently bought a new truck.  And new car seats.  And new car seat protectors for under the car seat.  I really didn't want to have to buy the little toy organizers that go underneath.

Then I had one of those light bulb moments while doing laundry one day.

Why don't I find some old pillow cases, and make my own?  They are completely washable, and I can find some at my second hand store, so it will be much cheaper than buying them.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a professional sewer, so if you are, please, please, please do not look at my pictures!  I have these bright ideas and dive right in.  There were no patterns harmed during the making of these organizers.

And here we go:


My pretty pillow case.  No, it isn't ironed.  I don't do that.


On top is the grippy fridge liner I bought last week.  I am planning to use this to hold the organizer in place on the leather seats.


I folded up one end of the pillow case (the non-opening end), and then sewed three pockets.


I sewed each line 3 times to make sure that they don't wear out.


Then, once I started to sew my grippy stuff, I discovered it worked so well, it stuck to the sewing machine.  Both ways.  So, I looked around and saw paper.  It worked!


And it's pretty easy to tear off after too!


See?


Top side.


Bottom side.  Little Dude's is done.

And so is Sweetie's.


No comments:

Post a Comment