Wednesday 11 September 2013

Science Bottles Part 2

As a continuation from yesterday, here are more bottles:


 
Bottle #1
 
This bottle is to demonstrate static electricity.  It has cut up straws, the label from the bottle in small pieces, and bits from my previous attempts at cutting foam for lacing cards.

 
This is what is looks like after I rubbed is all over Sweetie's hair!
 
Bottle #2
 
This bottle is simply coloured water and a few drops of dish soap.

 
After is was shaken.

 
About 20 seconds later.  After a few hours, the bubbles disappear, and it just looks like coloured water in a bottle.
 
Bottle #3 
 
This one is simply so I only put in one picture.  This is dirt from my yard with water.  And just to warn you, it will take about 18 hours for the water to go completely clear.  I found this out after I put it together.  I shook it that night and then set it on the counter to see how long it would take.  I was almost done when I left to grocery shopping.  When I came home, it was all shook up again.  It turns out these work on kids and hubbies!
 
Bottle #4 
 
This one was title "Sink or Float".  I put in water, glitter glue, glass beads and straws.
The idea is to shake it and have your kids guess what will sink and what will float.  Mine just stare at the glitter.  :)

 
Just shaken!

 
After about 30 seconds.
 
Bottle #5 
 
This one is simply toothpicks and rice.
Now I know I said that I wanted little bottles, but this one didn't turn out very well.  This is supposed to sound like rain, but the bottle is too little, so it didn't turn out as impressive as I'd hoped.  I would recommend a pop size bottle for this one.
 

 
ALL bottles have been glued shut using hot glue.  This is a VERY important step since inquiring little minds will want to know what is inside, and probably want to know what it tastes like.  If you choose to make these, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure they are adequately sealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment