Thursday 14 November 2013

DIY Inspirational Wreath

So I have been seeing this cool wreath on Facebook a LOT lately.  It is made from an old hymn book, and they cut the pages to look like leaves, and made a wreath.


I thought that was such a beautiful idea, and pretty much left it at that.  Then one day, I was back at my favourite place ever...you guessed it! Dollarama!  Not really my favourite place, but they sure do know me there.  Anyways, I found this neat sparkly garland there, and an idea started to form in my head.


I thought that I could make a neat wreath with my "garland" (it came packaged like this) and make my own version of an inspirational wreath.  So, I printed out the key words from Phillipians 4:8. 


"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."

I printed them out on cardstock, then used my 1" circle punch to cut them out.  Then, to make them all sparkly too, I brushed on some glitter glue that I had.



I hot glued some buttons onto the back of them to make them a little stiffer, and easier to glue onto my wreath.





 After doing mine, I would recommend that you choose buttons the same size as your cut-outs.



I tried to glue them on evenly.


It didn't work.  But that's okay, since I glued them onto the wires, it was easy enough to move them around to look more even.


And here it is!

I used:
1 sheet of white cardstock
10 buttons
1" circle punch
Glitter glue
Paint brush
Hot glue
Garland ($2)




No comments:

Post a Comment