Saturday 28 January 2017

Another Year of Growth

So, at the beginning of this year, I decided that I would choose one word to focus one.  One word that, hopefully, by the end of the year, would be bountiful in my life.


Since the start of this year was a little difficult, I chose "peace".  I desperately want more peace on my life.  The kind of peace that I can draw on whenever life hands me those little challenges. 


And wow, has life been kind enough to hand me ample opportunities to desire that peace.  And I can certainly say that even though we are now passed the halfway point of this year, I still have a LOT of growing to do in this area.  My goodness, I never would have guessed that choosing something that seems so amazing, and something that I see so many other people have so effortlessly, could be so challenging.  I know that we fight change, but seriously, I want some peace people!!!


And I have also discovered that I'm pretty sure that the reason that I am struggling so much with peace is because God had picked out a completely different word for me.  Remember that whole "God laughs at our plans" saying?  Wow he must get daily chuckles from me.


Anyways, I have this overwhelming sense that the word he chose for me was "grace".  And those situations for me to show grace are flowing by the bucketful too, I assure you. 


But you know what else I've discovered about this word he is covering me with?  I am shown so much grace each and every day.  My children show it to me effortlessly, always willing to start over with Mommy when she's having a bad day. Or my husband, who, bless his soul, some days comes home to an over tired, over hormonal, crazy lady, and he just laughs and gives me a hug.


Or God, who is always willing to let me apologize, and He will hold my hand as I try harder tomorrow.  So maybe peace will be my word for next year.  Maybe this year, I will instead follow his lead and choose grace instead.



 As always, I would love to hear from you.  And if you have any prayer requests, I would be honored to lift your requests up in my daily prayers.  I may not have the answers, but I do have a willing shoulder.


 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment