Monday 19 September 2016

Appreciation

I've mentioned before that I am reading Listen, Love, Repeat by Karen Ehman.  And the world seems to be joining in.  My Facebook wall has been like reading a wall of blessings.   I have one friend that kissed a lot of toads before she found her one true prince.  And she takes the time from her day quite frequently to thank him for all he does for her and their blended family.  And he does the same for her.

We have friends who live out of town who keep us up to date on their lives, always taking time to count their blessings, no matter how small they might have been that day.  They are always there if you take the time to look for them.

I know a lady whose husband was in a terrible work related accident this spring and they are still waiting by his hospital bed, waiting to see how much of him they get to have back.  They have had to uproot their lives to another town, change schools, and move to a new place without their support system.  And you know what she says almost every day?  That God alone has given her the strength to get up each morning and tackle the day.  That He is her saving grace.

I have a friend who I met through my wonderful mother in law before she passed.  She has stepped into our lives and always has something funny on her page to make people smile.  She takes the time each day to tag people in posts that she thinks they will like, just because.

There is a local business that is running a contest about celebrating a special woman.  Someone who has made a difference in your life, even though she may not know it.  I was blessed to be able to nominate a close friend.  She was literally an answer to a prayer.  I had been asking God to put a great Christian woman in my path.  Someone who could understand where I've been and challenge me to become much more.  She has only been a friend for the last couple years, but the difference she has made in my life is outstanding.  I don't know what I'd do without her.




This week, we have been challenged to #NoticeTheNecessary.  We have a photo challenge, and I just happened to get a great picture of my Dad this morning, with all three grandkids on his lap.  He is just taking it all in while they all want his attention at once.  He has always been there for me, no matter how badly I managed to mess things up.  He would let me know he was disappointed, and then he would go about quietly making it right.  He has worked all his life to provide for his family, and bless those around him with the little he has left over.  He has been an amazing example of #ListenLoveRepeat to both his kids, and all of those he comes across. 

It's amazing how concentrating on looking for the blessings can change things around.  My cup runneth over.

Heavenly Father, I thank you for all the blessings you have given me.  And I thank you for renewing my passion to look for them in the every day.  God, I am so sorry for all those days where my focus has been taken away from all the love you have provided.  Even on those hard, challenging days, You are there, if I only look.  I pray for wisdom to know when my attention is being diverted, and the strength to reject anything other than your love.  Amen.

If you are struggling, or just need to know that He is there, I would be honoured to lift you up in prayer.  Leave your request in the comments, and know that I will be praying for you.

Blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment