Monday 13 February 2017

The Love of My Words

I don't know about you, but I have such an easy time putting aside my anger when I'm out and about.  But when I'm home?  I'm afraid my family doesn't always get the best of me. 

You know when your husband comes home in the middle of your grouch and just gets spattered with your unkindness?  Or when one of your kids doesn't just jump up to do your bidding exactly when you tell them to?

Well, I have been praying each morning that God would take hold of my heart and my lips and make then spill out His love rather than my wrath.

Do you suffer from not always using your words to build and bless those around you? There is an entire word of people out there that face this every single day, ending our days with regret at flying off the handle, wanting to do better tomorrow.  Why not be one of those who is choosing to be mindful of what we say?

I am inviting you all to join a bunch of wonderful women and I as we embark on a new challenge.  #DoLentTogether is not only for women who do lent (since I don't), but more for those of us who would like to work on building up the people around us. 

Zip It by Karen Ehman is a 40 Day Challenge based off of her best selling book Keep It Shut: What to Say, How to Say It, and When to Say Nothing At All.  There are many of us who are going to give up saying things that are permanently hurtful because we are temporarily ticked off. 

If you'd like to join us on Facebook, Karen has started a community called "Doing Lent Together" and we would love to have you walk this challenge with us.   Starts March 1st.  Let's do this!

Heavenly Father, I thank you for the people in my life.  I lift up to you all who are struggling to find their contentment in you Lord, that you would help them to see you in their every day.  I pray that you would help us to really see each other as people, not to judge a book by its cover, so that we could really begin to heal this world with love and understanding, not blow it up with our prejudice.  Take over our hearts and lips Lord, so that your wisdom alone would be what we impart on others.  I pray your peace and wisdom over this earth God.  In your name I pray.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment